2013 London Book Festival Winners - Click Here
LONDON _ The 2013 London Book Festival is now in the late registration period for entries to its annual competition honoring the best of international publishing. All entries must be received by the final deadline of December 14, 2013.
The 2013 London Book Festival will consider books in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and Italian in the competition. The works may be published, self-published or independent publisher non-fiction, fiction, biography/autobiography, children's books, cookbooks, compilations/anthologies, genre-based, how-to, photography/art, spiritual, young adult, unpublished, business, wild card (anything goes!), science fiction, and poetry. Works published after January 1, 2010 are eligible.
Entries can be published, self-published or issued by an independent publishing house.
Our grand prize for the 2013 London Book Festival is a $1500 appearance fee and a flight to London for our gala awards ceremony in January, 2014 at the British Library
Submitted works will be judged by a panel of publishing industry experts using the following criteria:
- General excellence and the author's passion for telling a good story.
- The potential of the work to gain a wider audience in the worldwide market.
ENTRIES: Please classify your book and enter it in the following categories. Multiple entries must be accompanied by a separate fee for each book.
- General Non-fiction
- General Fiction
- Children's books
- Young Adult
- Science Fiction
- Best Unpublished Short Story (all manuscripts welcome)
- Wild Card
In addition to honoring the top selections in the above categories, The London Book Festival will award the following chosen from submissions:
- London Book Festival Author of the Year-Honors the outstanding book of the competition.
- London Book Festival Book Design of the Year - Honors outstanding and innovative design.
- London Book Festival Publisher of the Year - Honors the top publisher based on materials displaying excellence in marketing and promotional materials, as determined by our judges.
FESTIVAL RULES: London Book Festival submissions cannot be returned. Each entry must contain the official entry form, including your e-mail address and contact telephone number. All shipping and handling costs must be borne by entrants.
NOTIFICATION AND DEADLINES: Late registration submissions in each category must be received by the close of business on Saturday, December 14, 2013 to be eligible for the competition. Winners in each category will be notified by e-mail shortly after the final entry deadline and the results will be posted at www.Londonbookfestival.com. Please note that judges read and consider submissions on an ongoing basis, comparing early entries with later submissions at our meetings.
TO ENTER: Entry forms are available online at www.Londonbookfestival.com or may be faxed/e-mailed to you. Applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable entry fee via check, money order or PayPal online payment of $50 in U.S. dollars for each submission. Multiple submissions are permitted but each entry must be accompanied by a separate form and entry fee.
Entry fee checks should be made payable to JM Northern Media LLC. We're sorry, but entries must be mailed and cannot be delivered in person or by messenger services to the JM Northern Media offices.
E-book entries are welcome. You can enter an e-book in three ways:
Entry packages should include one copy of the book; any relevant marketing material; your official entry form or a copy; and the entry fee or receipt. Entries should be mailed to:
- Send as a .pdf to our e-mail address labeled as “2013 E-book Entry” in the subject line. Please attach copies of your PayPal receipt and entry form to the email.
- Click here to use our “Book Uploader” to send a copy of your work. We accept most e-book formats. Then send an e-mail to us labeled as “2013 E-Book Entry” with PayPal receipt and entry form attached.
- Send us a Kindle copy as a gift. Send an e-mail to us indicating that you’ve sent the book, attaching your PayPal receipt and entry form.
JM Northern Media LLC
attn: London Book Festival
7095 Hollywood Boulevard, Suite 864
Hollywood, CA 90028-0893
AWARDS: Winners of the London Book Festival will be honored at a gala ceremony held in London in January 23, 2014.
The 2013 London Book Festival is part of the JM Northern Media family of festivals, which includes the DIY Convention: Do It Yourself in Film, Music & Books, New York Book Festival and Hollywood Book Festival.